So following a long break over Christmas, where I couldn’t do any building, the Mustang is coming along nicely. I painted the chassis and undercarriage, and finalised the interior tub. I put colour on the body (Tamiya “French Blue” (TS10)) and after about 2 hours of masking, managed to include the black feature stripe around the body, which I think came up pretty well.
I also managed to design and incorporate another little fun and interesting piece to this build – a hood support rod. You know, that rod that some cars have that holds the hood open. I’m pretty sure the actual car didn’t have one, but the way the model is designed, the hood won’t stay open by itself unless it’s at a full 90º, which in my opinion looks less realistic that the inclusion of my support rod.